Pink Lemonade Pink Lemonade

I wasn't gonna write reviews because reasons, but I can't just ignore this one.

I really want to love this tune. Like, frustratingly so. Give your high end some love man! I started losing interest in the track because I couldn't get over the fact that I felt like I was listening to it through a wall. From what I can hear the melodies and atmospheres you're creating in this track are awesome and just up my alley as far as music I like, but I can't feel immersed if you don't take off that low pass filter.

Bertn1991 responds:

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it somewhat at least. Sorry if it wasn't quite up to snuff. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it : )

Be What You Want Me To Be Be What You Want Me To Be

The song is really repetitive and lacks a sense of movement.

It's also got a really compressed sound to it, try working on letting the pluck sound breathe a bit more in the mix. It could definitely use the space.

Aside from that, sounds great! Drums are nice on their own, I'd like to hear a bit more tail on the snare, but that's just my personal preference. :)

Droplifter responds:

Thanks for the review, I've chaged some of the compression on it and things, I've not got much idea at all with mastering and compression and things. The snare is the only sample I could find that even sounded half decent haha.

Thanks for your time

The Falling Mysts The Falling Mysts

Absolutely amazing. I'm a huge fan of your melody work and the falling key signature element of the track made my music theory nerd senses overload into a nerdgasm. :D

The only thing I hate about this track is the mixing. Sometimes the percussion gets drowned out, the synths clash ever so slightly, but just enough to bug me.

Check out this website: audio.tutsplus.com

They have some really great tips and tutorials for all things mixing for several DAW's (but most of the tutorials and tips can be applied to just about any DAW on the market right now)

I'm really excited to see your improvement. If you keep working at the mixing and mastering you'll become an incredible EDM artist in no time. I guarantee it. ;)

Sky High (Medic Remix) Sky High (Medic Remix)

Decent.

Your kick needs a more powerful presence, and your snare as well.

Great job with the vocals. I just wish that you had varied the samples a bit more. After the first two mins or so the vocal melody just started getting annoying.

Sick bitcrushing work. Props for that.

The drop needs a better buildup. If not for the bass you wouldn't be able to tell that that was where the drop is supposed to go. Invest in sweeps and reverse crashes to aid in creating tension for the buildup.

Brownie points for the bass slides and added funkiness in the melody. I looove me some good funk.

I was honestly expecting more than what I actually got through the entire song which gave me the overall impression of "meh."

So, yeah. Great detail work, but overall it's just meh. :\

Also, idk if it's just my headphones, but my right ear wants to hear more of the song as well. :c

Day1 . ambint bass Day1 . ambint bass

This is really good. I can't say I love it, because I really feel the female vocals in the beginning, but they are really not working for the song. It sounds a bit off key at some parts and I can't ignore that. :\

Everything about this otherwise I absolutely adore. The breakdown is amazing. The bass is nice and sustaining. It's a gorgeous ambiance and mood. Epic work.

RandomDanceOfHappy responds:

the vocs are all random bits and things i found via internet :p i tryed tuneing the vocs but it sounded worse after so i left them as is :p i know there off but. gotta work with whaT U GOT :D i got another new comp :D but lost my headphones :( my new comp has 2 terra bites of mem and 10 gigs of power o.o costed me 800$ with the top spec sound card :D ... dose me no good without headphonesss

Squeezums - Rave Quit Squeezums - Rave Quit

ALALALALALALALALALALA BOOOOOOOOM

I like it bro. But it needs moar jihad.

Squeezums responds:

BECAUSE...

Yeah I got nothing.

Complextro Testing Complextro Testing

Structure is good.

Your structure is good, almost perfect for complextro, but still leaning a bit too much towards electro-house.

Mostly what I don't like about this is your synths.

And the song, for that matter.

The intro starts off nice, but gets monotonous after the first few measures. Definitely expand on this part, just go nuts with it, you never know what you'll end up with! :D

Your synths need some work. I love how whimsical and carefree it all sounds. It meshes well. But it creates a lack of punch in the track. I would suggest working in more complexity to your melody. Allow for more sounds to fill in the empty parts. I have to say, I do like the way your bass fits into the track, though. Well done. :)

Add more stabs to give the track a lot of punch. It lacks the emphasis of it's own unique style as both complextro and your style. (I hope that makes sense. :s)

Either way, you have a solid foundation. Just develop it more. Oh and don't forget to finish the song. :)

3/5
7/10

DjCryogenetic responds:

Its so nice to actually get some good feedback! Thanks!

Walking in Circles [WIP] Walking in Circles [WIP]

I don't like this summary thing.

I like the part where it makes noise.

Or4nges responds:

Dude! That's my favorite too!

test dub test dub

Good.

I love your leads and your melody. Very well done.

The offbeat wobble bass needs a lot of work. It would probably work into the mix better if you had it wobble to the beat instead of to an off beat. That way you get your kicks and snares to hit on troughs or peaks instead of somewhere in between, which is less epic most of the time.

If you wanna keep it off beat, then I'd suggesting a different timbre. Perhaps one with more release or tightening up the sound with a higher frequency/pitch on some parts.

It looks to be a very good song in the works, nevertheless. So keep at it!